We at Eat Sleep Disc are excited to announce our 2014 Eat Sleep Disc Point Series Schedule. Our 2013 ESD Spring Series was blessed with great weather and averaged just over 80 players per event. We are optimistic that 2014 will be even more competitive than our past series. We are also excited to announce that the 2014 Series winners will be given an invitation to join Team Eat Sleep Disc.
The 2014 Eat Sleep Disc Series
Event #1 Jan 18th - Birmingham
Event #2 Feb 8th - Huntsville
Event #3 March 1st - Birmingham
Event #4 March 29th - Hartselle
Event #5 April 26th - Birmingham
Event #6 May 31st - Gadsden
Event #7 June 28th - Birmingham
Pick Your Own Payouts!!!!!!
ONLINE SIGN UP OPENING SOON!!!!!
Open Divisions: $50
Advanced & Adv.Masters: $30
Add $10 in not current pdga member
$5 late fee for signing up day of event
ONLINE SIGN UP OPENING SOON!!!!!
5pm: Online Registration Closes
7:45-8:30am: Late sign-ups & Check in
8:45am: Players Meeting
9:00am: 1st Round Tee Time Shotgun Start
Points Series Info & Rules......
The Series Purse
· Eat Sleep Disc is adding the first $300 to the Purse.
· $3.00 will be taken from each Amateurs player’s entry fee at each series event.
· This money will be added to the bonus purse and distributed to each division with qualifying participants.
· Example: If there are 100 Adv, 100 Adv Masters, 100 Int, 100 Rec, & 100 Nov players for a total of 500 players, $1500 will be added to the purse. ($3 per player X 500 players = $1500).
· The total purse would be $1800 ($300 Eat Sleep Disc + $1500 from player entry fee = $1800)
· So if only 18 players, out of the 500, qualified for the Series Purse (example: 4 Adv, 2 Adv Masters, 8 Int, & 4 Nov.) the pot would be split up by the percentage of the players in each qualified division.
· The $1800 purse is then split between the 4 qualifying divisions as follows. $400 Adv, $200 Adv Masters, $800 Int, & $400 Nov.
· If no Ace is hit the Ace pot will be added to the purse as well.
Qualifying for the Purse
· You must play in at least 5 of the 7 events(INCLUDING THE CHAMPIONSHIP) to qualify for the Series Purse.
· You do NOT have to play in 5 events in the same Division to qualify.
· You will qualify for the bonus in the division that you received the most Points in.
· We are calculating points a little differently this series than ones in the past.
· We are awarding the top 3 spots a little more. This will allow players the opportunity to jump their competitors late in the series.
Place - Points
1st - 15 points
2nd -12 points
3rd - 9 points
4th - 7 points
5th - 6 points
6th - 5 points
7th - 4 points
8th - 3 points
9th - 2 points
10th or lower - 1 points
Ties - If two players tie for 2nd place they will both be awarded 12 points and then the 4th place will receive 7 points. etc.
· At the end of the Series, the qualified players will be paid out on a graduated scale, like the current PDGA divisional payout scales, based on points earned.
· The Series Purse will be payed out in merchandise...not cash.
The Series Purse is only for amateur divisions. We are doing this to allow for the pro divisions to be payed out over 100% at each event. We will not be taking out the $3 series fee from the pro divisions like we are from the amateur divisions.
Past Series Results
2013 Spring Series
2013 Fall Series